Feeling ready for the holiday weekend but not quite sure what you’ll do? The Boulder Source is here to help.
Here’s are our Top 10 list for the 4th of July:
1. Star Spangled Splash: Enjoy a day at Boulder’s largest “beach” from 10 am – 4 pm. The City of Boulder Parks and Recreation Department will host the 2nd Annual Star Spangled Splash event on Friday, July 4. The Boulder Reservoir is located at 5565 N. 51st St. and will be open from 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. This event will be fun for the whole family featuring:
- Live entertainment by Funkiphino
- Beer, margaritas and great food by Boulder favorite FATE Brewing Company
- BBSC Endurance Running 5K and 10K run/walk. Race fee ($45/$50) includes gate entry. Sign up here.
- Your Cause Sports sand volleyball tournment. Tournament fee ($35/individual, $120/team) includes gate entry. Sign up here.
- Kona Ice – shaved ice and ice cream truck: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fanciful Faces face painting FREE: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tumble Bubbles FREE: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Community Sailing demos FREE: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Rocky Mountain Paddle demos FREE: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Buy tickets ahead of time to scoot in through their VIP line at all recreation centers and the Boulder Reservoir. Tickets are on sale now! Get more details on the Spangled Splash by clicking here.
2. Boulder Farmers Market: The Boulder Farmers Market is a seasonal marketplace for locally grown produce, locally produced food products and local artisans. The Boulder Farmers Market will be open on Saturday, July 4 from 8 am – 2 pm. Located on 13th St. between Canyon and Arapahoe, the farmers market is a major attraction for both residents and visitors.
3. Folsom Field: This is the traditional Boulder thing to do for fireworks, and has been for decades. Engaging in the singalong and enjoying the running of Ralphie the UCB buffalo is how the fun begins, then you get to be up close and personal to the best firework display in Boulder. The singalong and other events begin at 8:30 pm and fireworks start at 9:30 pm. For more information click here.
4. Kid’s Bike Parade: This fun daytime event will take place on the Boulder municipal building lawn. Face painting, bike decorating, bike safety stations, and more are the order of the day here, and is a good way to kick off the day’s festivities as well as enjoy the summer weather. Pre-parade festivities start at 10:30 am, the kids’ parade will begin at 11 am. For more information, call 303.449.0177 or click here.
5. Fireworks and Festivities at Waneka Lake: Let Freedom Ring! Join the festivities at Waneka Lake this 4th of July: live tunes, food trucks, fireworks, and fun & games. The Post Brewing Company will be pouring pints all night long. Come say “Howdy” and grab a cold one. The party kicks off at 4:00 p.m. and the fireworks start at dusk. For more information please visit their website.
6. Blues Traveler at Red Rocks: AEG Live is excited to announce BLUES TRAVELER with an appearance by 3OH!3 live at Red Rocks Amphitheatre Saturday, July 4, 2015. Visit Red Rocks Website for tickets.
7. 4th of July BBQ at Post Brewing: The Post is celebrating Independence Day with a Smoker in the Yard and BBQ specials all day long. Featuring BBQ Pork Shoulder and Ribs with cole slaw, baked beans, and cornbread for $15. You can’t get more American than that . . . except maybe with a slice of homemade cherry pie or a whoopie pie! Enjoy some delicious ‘Q and ice cold beer at The Post and then mosey on down the block to watch the fireworks over the lake. For more information please contact The Post at 303.593.2066.
8. Boulder County Fairgrounds: If Folsom Field isn’t your style for the big fireworks display, Longmont hosts the second biggest/most popular fireworks event at the Boulder County Fairgrounds. Be aware that only handicapped parking is available at the fairground itself, but there are lots of other parking, picnic, and party spots available to enjoy the fireworks from. Fireworks begin at 9:30 pm.
9. Boulder Arts & Jazz Festival: On July 4 & 5 come enjoy great Music ALL DAY in the “Jazz Beer Garden”featuring over 100 Artists! This event will take place Sat. 10am-9pm and Sun. 10am-6pm at the Pearl Street Mall. FREE to the public! Here is the music schedule for Saturday, July 4th:
- 11-1 Flatiron Jazz Orchestra
- 1:30-3:30 Mark Diamond
- 4-6 Gypsy Swing Revue
- 6:30-8:30 Eef Guitar – J.D. Kelly
10. 4th of July Party at Harlow Platts Park: Celebrate the holiday with a BBQ-Potluck and Speaker Meeting presented by Boulder Area Activities Committee. Harlow Platts Park is located at 1360 Gillaspie, Boulder. Food begins at 2 pm and speaker at 5 pm. $5 donation is suggested but all are welcome. Bring a dish and come celebrate with us! For more information click here.