JUL-IPA is like a local GABF, but even better
Beer lovers: absolutely, positively do not miss this Sunday’s JUL-IPA Beer Festival, put on by the West End Tavern and featuring 28 outstanding local brewers. These brewers will bring their best IPAs (India Pale Ales) to show-and-taste, all for your pleasure. Get your tickets now. Here are 10 good reasons why:
10. It’s a terrific alternative to the Great American Beer Festival, the colossal Denver event held every fall. JUL-IPA is much more intimate, with one-on-one brewer access and more than enough fantastic beers to sample. Plus, JUL-IPA tickets are just $40 and easy to come by (although next year may be a different story).
9. A great location with a good history. JUL-IPA is a creek side festival, held outside the Millennium Hotel’s back door on Boulder creek. The Great American Beer Festival’s first-ever event in 1982 was in the same spot. It featured 22 breweries, 40 beers and 800 attendees.
8. Sleep cheap. The Millennium is offering “elevator rates” on sleeping rooms. Go here to book.
7. Lawn games. JUL-IPA features a plethora of fun leisure activities, perfect for beer drinking.
6. Live music by Boulder’s ultimate 80s cover band, The Goonies. You’ll love them.
5. West End Tavern Barbeque. The ticket price includes a heaping plate of delectable, all natural, hardwood smoked barbeque. Nothing goes better with a frosty beer.
4. Head-to-Head Wing Eating Contest. In a competition termed the “Wing King Challenge,” some crazy bastard is going to out-consume everyone else in chicken wings. Must see.
3. Serious raffle prizes. Some lucky attendees will win a trip to Mexico (Puerto Vallarta or Cancun – winner’s choice), tickets to the PHISH concert on August 30 at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, and the super sweet 2013 New Belgium Custom Cruiser Bike.
2. The festival benefits a great cause. Festival proceeds benefit Safe House Progressive Alliance for Non Violence, a Boulder human rights organization committed to ending violence against adults, youth, and children through support, advocacy, education and community organizing.
1. The beer. JUL-IPA features IPAs from 28 breweries, near and far. You’ll get to see, smell, taste and savor the brews, and talk to the people who made them. Brewers are:
Bru Handbuilt Ales
City Star Brewing
Crazy Mountain Brewery
Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project
Firestone Walker Brewing
Grand Teton Brewing
Great Divide Brewing
Left Hand Brewing
New Belgium Brewing
Oskar Blues Brewery
|Sierra Nevada Brewing
Twisted Pine Brewing
Widmer Brothers Brewing
Wild Woods Brewery
Tickets to JUL-IPA are just $40 for unlimited tasters, a BBQ plate, live music, lawn games, and endless entertainment! Pick up yours here.